The Liebster Award is a way to let new bloggers know that they’re doing a good job, help them connect with their followers and find new ones. So it was amazing (and an honour!) to be nominated by both the ever-lovely Jess and the insanely cool Amber this week! They both have great bookish blogs so make sure you click the links and check them out if you haven’t already. I’m super grateful and I really appreciate it, thank you both so much! 🙂
Onto the rules!
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
I thought that since I was nominated by two people it was only fair to answer both sets of questions, I’ll try keep my answers short!
1. Dogs or cats? (Don’t worry, this just determines whether or not I care about any of your other answers.)
Argh this is so hard! I’ve always been a major cat person but recently I’ve found I just can’t resist adorable tiny dogs like pugs and Italian greyhounds. I promise I’d never carry one in a handbag but I can’t promise I wouldn’t dress one up like a Pikachu…
2. In your group of friends, are you the sole bookworm?
My friends from high school are mostly big readers too but we have totally different tastes. My university friends aren’t so much but we do tend to enjoy similar books more.
3. Do you feel like you were born in the wrong decade, and which would you choose given the opportunity?
I was born in 1992 but I totally should have been a teenager in the 90s. The 90s was just the decade of everything fun: music, games, films, fashion… it was so bad it was good. I loved growing up then but I would probably have appreciated it more as a teenager than a kid. Failing that, youth in the 60s must have been great.
4. What is the weirdest interaction you’ve ever had with a stranger?
I try to avoid strangers as much as possible if I’m honest, I’m not exactly outgoing!
5. Are you the middle child in your family, and if so, do you actively try not to fit into that stereotype?
Oh no, family questions! My family is both huge and super complicated. I’m technically an only child but I have some step/half-siblings on both sides, my mum’s children from a previous marriage are older than me and my dad’s kids are younger so I guess I could be the middle child? I just try to look out for my little brother and sisters since I see them the most and they look up to me!
6. What one superpower would you choose?
This is so hard! Can I cheat and pick whatever Sylar had going on in Heroes? Nah that’s just greedy. I’d go with something psychic-y like precognition or telepathy, or maybe time manipulation? Or even controlling fire?! This is way too tough!
7. To jump off #6, Iron Man or Batman? (I’ve had some serious debates on this topic among friends, so choose wisely.)
Iron Man, every time.
8. Are you multi-lingual?
I studied French from age 11 to 19 but I definitely wouldn’t say I’m fluent! I was pretty good at it until university but the lecturer wasn’t great and I lost interest so I switched to English Language instead.
9. Do you prefer series or standalone novels?
While I love series sometimes the anticipation for the next installment sets me up for a fall and I can feel disappointed. Most of my favourite books are part of a trilogy but I do love a good standalone with a satisfying end.
10. Do you hope to write your own works some day, or do you prefer being on the receiving end of a story?
I would love to write my own novel! I’ve always written (bad) short stories and (even worse) poetry but nowadays I’m too anxious to even get started. I’m thinking about applying for an MFA in Creative Writing in America but I’m not sure I’d get in anywhere; it’s so competitive!
1) What is your all-time favorite author?
Such a hard question, I have favourite books more than authors. However, I completely fell in love with Laini Taylor’s writing style when I first read Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
2) Would you rather be a wizard or a superhero?
Probably a wizard just because I’m too greedy to only pick one superpower!
3) What’s your ultimate relaxation routine?
What’s relaxation?! I feel completely lost if I’m not stressed in some way, it’s definitely not good for me but I just don’t know how to switch off!
4) If you could do anything with your time, money no option, what would you do?
Two answers! I’d do a huge American roadtrip and pop over to Japan to stock up on adorable toys afterwards. Then I’d spend all my time at home cheerleading; I’ve been having some private tumble lessons recently and the improvement I’ve made is insane. If I could afford it I’d be at the gym every day!
5) How’d you meet your best friend?
She was my next door neighbour in our halls of residence in our first year of uni! We study the same course and have the same strange obsession with adding courgette to every meal, she’s hopefully going to be joining me on this blog soon too! Yay!
6) What mythical creature do you wish was real?
Dragons because Khaleesi!
7) What’s your favorite genre of book?
Anything remotely fantasy or dystopian will do just fine!
8) What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I don’t really think of myself as a crazy-thing-doing-person, but I guess regularly letting people throw me in the air is a little crazy?!
9. One thing you couldn’t live without?
My friends! I’m usually pretty stressed and they keep me sane in their own crazy way.
10. Give us one random fact about you!
I always choose the fire starter on Pokémon! (Yes, I still play Pokémon, sigh)
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award! I love all these blogs so make sure you check them out! They’re all lovely people who definitely deserve some recognition:
- Katy @ A Blighted One
- Meggy @ Adrift on Vulcan
- Lipsy @ Lipsyy Lost and Found
- Chrissi @ Chrissi Reads
My questions for you guys are:
1. What’s your favourite book of 2013 so far?
2. If you could shapeshift into any animal, what would you be?
3. Who’s your favourite childhood character? (TV, movie, book, game, anything!)
4. Which country/place would you like to visit most?
5. What was the first book you read by yourself as a child?
6. If you were in a book or film, do you think you’d be the bad guy or the good guy?
7. Would you rather live in the country or the city?
8. What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought?
9. Tell us about the best and worst things that’s happened to you this week.
10. Share your favourite picture!